This tool will guide you through the process of defining a pro bono project that will help your organization achieve its strategic priorities.
You will finish the exercise with:
- A clear goal statement that articulates how the project’s successful completion will inform or further your organization’s wider strategic or organizational priorities.
- An articulation of the final product your volunteer will create – the more specific the better!
- Clearly delineated phases of work that include the steps your volunteer will take to complete each phase. Typical phases include Discovery, Design, Implementation and Training.
- Dedicated milestones for each phase of work. A milestone is a formal presentation of interim work products. Formalizing these presentation and feedback points enables your organization to ensure the volunteers’ work aligns with your vision and needs.
- A list of the key volunteer skills needed to complete your project.
Here’s an example of what your final product will look like:
Sample Project: Digital Communications Plan